Will This Ever End?

I’m officially tired of being pregnant. I’m so fat, everything hurts and I’m just plain pooped. I only have one more month until my due date, but if this baby doesn’t come soon, I don’t know what I’ll do. It’s only nine more days (yes, I’m counting) until I’m full term and I’m praying that she comes then; if only so that I can eat or drink without having heartburn for four hours.

Last night, I got three hours of sleep. I’ve been having contractions for over 11 days and was given a prescription to keep them under control which has been working pretty well; I still feel the contractions every few hours but they are not as painful, often or regular as they would be. Yesterday, though, was a bad day. I forgot to take the medication to work with me and the contractions came on suddenly and with the strength of a 14-wheeler. I was in the middle of a meeting with my boss and BAM! I had to leave work immediately as they was no way I could continue working.

On the way home, I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it. I was in so much pain and feeling a bit dizzy. I finally got home and took a second in the car just to be thankful. I got inside, put my purse down and the phone rang. I picked it up. It was my brother. He had an audition at 7 p.m. and my mom wouldn’t be able to take him. Could I come get him? I tell you dear reader, I started to tear up. I sat down and asked him if he really, really needed to go to the audition. It sounded very important to him and I knew that he would have done it for me, so I agreed.

I popped my medication into my mouth, took a quick drink of water and headed out. Long story made short, I had to drive for almost two hours to get him to the audition, wait for an hour and a half and then drive an hour home. The entire time, the contractions wouldn’t go away.

When I finally made it back home, I was in tears. I collapsed on my bed and hoped the pain would go away. When Alan called, about five minutes later, I was sobbing on the phone. Apparently, not only were my contractions on full force but so were my hormones. The contractions didn’t stop the entire night and the heartburn started in around 11 p.m.

I have to say though, my parents were really amazing. I’ve been living with them while Alan is in training and my mom stayed up with me the entire night. My dad made a laudable effort but had been working for probably 10 or more hours and feel asleep on the floor next to my bed sometime in the wee hours of the morning. Aren’t they amazing?

But here is the bottom line: I love my daughter so much. If she needed me to, I would go through yesterday everyday for the rest of my life. But frankly I’m tired of this and I want it to be over. I’m also really excited to meet her. So, here’s the question: won’t you please come out soon my love?

Say your words